INCAM (Canada) Chapter
Chapter Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
Canadian Interdisciplinary Network of Complementary Medicine Researchers
What is an INCAM Special Interest Group (SIG)?
An INCAM Special Interest Group (SIG) is a sub-group of INCAM members who share an interest in a particular research-related topic and want to collaborate on a research-related project.
What is INCAM's position regarding the Special Interest Group (SIG)?
- INCAM SIGs are meant to be a collaborative space where INCAM members with a similar interest in a topic area can cometogether and work on a research-related project or activity.
- Although SIG members may be affiliated with other organizations (outside of INCAM), the SIGs should strive to be neutral with regards to political affiliation and, hence, inclusive of different perspectives in their work and activities.
- Since the SIGs are meant to enable INCAM members to come together and collaborate on a specific project, activity, etc., INCAM recognizes that it is up to the SIG members to create the parameters within which the group will be working. These should be clearly stated on the SIG's landing web page.
- ISCMR's primary focus is on research. Therefore, the activities of the SIG are to be research-specific (or research-related). See the list of activity ideas below. In addition, through these SIGs, ISCMR's interest, first and foremost, is in supporting high quality research across the range of professions and modalities labelled as CAM or CIM.
What do INCAM SIGs do?
The specific activities of the SIG are determined by the group in order to meet their group objectives. See the list below for potential activity ideas:
- Journal clubs
- Research-related working groups
- Monthly discussion meetings (e.g. specific methodological approaches)
- Organize conference sessions or workshops (for the INCAM Research Symposium)
- Support research interests and/or activities of CAM practitioners
Who can join an INCAM SIG?
All SIGs are open to all INCAM members. For more information, or if you are interested in joining any of these groups, click on the SIG or send an email to the address provided below.
Interested in creating a new SIG?
To create and develop an INCAM Special Interest Group, FILL OUT THIS FORM and submit it to the person identified in the document.
East Asian Medicine SIG
Fact Sheet [coming soon]
For more information, or to join, contact Nadine Ijazat: email@example.com