Canadian Chapter — Public
This is a sample of the landing page offered by the Canadian Chapter of ISCMR.
(these links are live when logged in)
Based on mutual goals and vision, INCAM has merged with ISCMR, becoming the the Canadian Chapter of ISCMR. INCAM continues to be a collaborative and interdisciplinary research community in Canada generating knowledge through research on complementary, alternative, and integrative medicine/health care* to enhance the health of Canadians.
Since its launch in 2004, INCAM has been instrumental in defining a CAM research community in Canada. Today, INCAM is the place to go for Canadian researchers, educators and practitioners who are interested in research which aims to address challenging questions in innovative ways in this emerging area of practice and research.
INCAM manages the Canadian CAM Research Fund competetion (CCRF), a funding competition available to INCAM members of ISCMR. For more information about the CCRF please see the CCRF Funding webpage. The 2017 CCRF Funding competetion will close on Nov 1, 2017, at 11:59pm, EST.
* INCAM has adopted the definition of CAM and integrative medicine provided by the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) as a working definition.
- Research-informed CAM practices are critical for integration into the health care system
- The CAM body of knowledge needs to be informed by a range of perspectives, expertise and insights
- CAM research involves the application of accepted and appropriate research methods
and also requires methodological development
- Research, in and of itself, has an intrinsic value