INCAM Chapter SIGs
For INCAM members...
...by INCAM members
What is an INCAM Special Interest Group (SIG)?
A sub-group of INCAM members who share an interest in a particular research related topic and who want to collaborate on a research related project.
INCAM's position regarding the Special Interest Group (SIG)
- INCAM SIGs are meant to be a collaborative space where INCAM members with a similar interest in a topic area can come together and work on a research-related project or activity.
- Although SIG members may be affiliated with other organizations (outside of INCAM), the SIGs should strive to be neutral with regards to political affiliation and, hence, inclusive of different perspectives in their work and activities.
- Since the SIGs are meant to enable INCAM members to come together and collaborate on a specific project, activity etc., INCAM recognizes that it is up to the SIG members to create the parameters within which the group will be working. These should be clearly stated on the SIG's landing webpage.
- ISCMR's primary focus is on research. Therefore, the activities of the SIG are to be research specific (or research related). See list of activity ideas below. In addition, through these SIGs, ISCMR's interest first and foremost is in supporting high quality research across the range of professions and modalities labeled as "CAM" or "CIM".
What do INCAM SIGs do?
The specific activities of the SIG are determined by the group in order to meet their group objectives. See the list below for potential activity ideas:
- journal clubs
- research-related working groups
- monthly discussion meetings (for example, specific methodological approaches)
- organize conference sessions or workshops (for the INCAM Research Symposium)
- support research interests and/or activities of CAM practitioners
Who can join an INCAM SIG?
All SIGs are open to all INCAM members. For more information or if you are interested in joining any of these groups, click on the SIG OR send an email to address provided below.
Creating a new SIG
To find out how you can create and develop an INCAM Special Interest Group - Read more>>
- Homeopathy SIG
For more information about the homeopathy SIG or to join, contact David Brulé at: incam.homeopathy[at]iscmr.org
- Massage Therapy SIG
For more information about the Massage Therapy SIG or to join, contact Martha Menard at: mbmenard[at]gmail.com or Beth Barberree at: beth.barberree[at]gmail.com
- Naturopathy SIG
For more information about the Naturopathy SIG or to join, contact Teresa Tsui at: teresa.tsui[at]utoronto.ca
- Osteopathy SIG
For more information about the Osteopathy SIG or to join, contact Chantal Morin at: chantal.morin[at]usherbrooke.ca or Nathalie Trottier at: ntrottier[at]consensioclinic.ca