- About ISCMR
- Chapters and SIGs
- Member Benefits
- Research Resources
- Contact Us
1. Interested in joining the ISCMR Board of Directors?
There are some openings coming up on the Board of Directors (BOD) and the BOD’s Executive Committee in May 2019. Qualifications for election are in the bylaws: "A candidate for the position of Director must be a member with at least one year of active involvement with Society and be a person who has exhibited a clear understanding of, and commitment to, the Society’s purposes and philosophy." We encourage global representation on the BOD.
1: There are two positions coming open on the Executive Committee. The Executive Committee is the principal group responsible for the implementation of the policies of the Society. The positions of President Elect and Treasurer are open to those with interest, BOD members, and general ISCMR members. The two Executive Committee members are elected on a two-year cycle, but serve on the BOD for three years, as do all other BOD members.
2: There may be one position coming open on the BOD, possibly more if current BOD members choose to run for Executive Committee positions.
We welcome your interest in joining the ISCMR BOD. Please submit your name and up to a page 2-page resumé or biography statement to email@example.com by February 10, 2019.
2. Hosting the 2021 ICCMR
ISCMR is an international scientific organization of researchers, practitioners, and policy makers that fosters Complementary and Integrative Medicine research and provides a platform for knowledge and information exchange to enhance international communication and collaboration.
One goal of ISCMR is to organize an annual International Conference on Complementary Medicine Research (ICCMR). The conference will usually take place in May and the conference venue will be shared between Asia, Europe and the US.
The local organizers of the ICCMR have the main responsibility. ISCMR members will have reduced fees and ISCMR will be represented in the Organizing Committee/program development, Scientific Board, and scientific review processes of the conference and provide information and reviewers for the scientific review process of the abstracts. Depending on the structure of the conference ISCMR will organize an ISCMR preconference workshop.
Application process (full SOP available on the ISCMR website)
Applications should be sent to the ISCMR secretary ( ) and should include the following information
- Theme of the conference and description of the contents
- Responsible organizations, including their track record of hosting similar events and financial background of the organization
- Proposed dates for the congress
- Location of the conference, description of facilities incl. information about e.g. translation if needed
- Proposed detailed budget for the congress, including information about financial (OR funding) sources (e.g., donors, sponsors, funders, etc.)
- Registrations fees, and the proposed reduced rates for ISCMR members
- Brief description of cooperating partners
- Identify and outline the role of ISCMR in the planning and running of the congress as per the Responsibilities section, above
- A general timeline of events leading up to the congress, indicating key deadlines
Application deadline: March 31, 2019