INCAM is a collaborative and interdisciplinary research community in Canada generating knowledge through research on complementary, alternative, and integrative medicine/health care* to enhance the health of Canadians.
Since its launch in 2004, INCAM has been instrumental in defining a CAM research community in Canada. Today, INCAM is the place to go for researchers, educators and practitioners who are interested in research which aims to address challenging questions in innovative ways in this emerging area of practice and research.
* INCAM has adopted the definition of CAM and integrative medicine provided by the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) as a working definition.
- Research-informed CAM practices are critical for integration into the health care system
- The CAM body of knowledge needs to be informed by a range of perspectives, expertise and insights
- CAM research involves the application of accepted and appropriate research methods and also requires methodological development
- Research, in and of itself, has an intrinsic value